View Single Post
Old 09-20-2012, 08:21 AM   #40
cubber

Re: Cubber's Build Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by longbed67 View Post
There is lots to be done with the 6's The post above is right with both offy and clifford making 4bbl plates I like the clifford as it is a billet plate and offers a little rise, The offy does not work with the turbo manifolds, but clifford's do, performance wise i havent seen any #'s to say which is better. I would HIGHLY recommend getting a Lump Kit for your inline 6 and a better cam, two minor things and you can double the hp and torque your engine makes if you have any questions or need parts sources let me know! Here is a pic of my set up.
Hey, Adam! We have talked before, seems like maybe you sent me a pm about a guy who does serpentine setups for these motors. Your build, which I have been watching for a while, has really inspired me. The thing I love about the six is the uniqueness of it. I saw a guy Saturday (I think he is on this forum) who turboed his mid 60's truck with the turbo off of a Buick Grand National. It was impresive. He had used his stock manifolds for everything and just modified them. It was awesome. I think I am going to build mine to run naturally aspirated, because my truck is going to be a cruiser. I do, however, have another complete engine I want to get a little wild with some day. I am planning on lumping the heads, putting in bigger valves, milling the head, cleaning up the edges of the chambers, decent cam, .030 or .060 overbore, and flat top pistons for a 307. All the research I have done on inliners leads me to believe that the Offy intake is better for a street application because it supplies power more evenly across the rpm range, and the Clifford provides slightly better flow at near wide open throttle. I think I'm gonna go with an Offy (I already have a heat plate) and an Edelbrock 500cfm with adjustable secondaries. It should run well, and still be economical (not my primary concern, but kinda cool).

2003 Chevrolet Z71 Ext. Cab
1995 Cavalier gas saver!
cubber is offline   Reply With Quote