View Single Post
Old 02-27-2019, 11:09 PM   #17
special-K
Special Order

Re: Picture Thread: K1500/K2500 Suburbans

I use that trailer a lot. Yesterday I carefully backed it onto some grass to unload, at an old house I'm working on. It's flat with a lot of standing water but not where I backed the trailer (i thought). First I walked, seemed fine. Then just the trailer (no ruts). Next the rear wheels with fronts on pavement (all good). Then backed it all down to unload trailer full of lumber debris to burn. When I went to move out the rear wheels spun. No problem, just put in 4wd. Couldn't even tell it was in 4wd, still spun. Went at it harder and dug in. Here we go! With a whole lot of finessing, some back and forth, then finally letting her rip I drove it out of there making ruts rim deep. the tires are great for hiway but crap for mud. It did what I needed it to do, though. Caked mud on the lower body, trailer, and flung all over everything else. Pretty amazing how much water is in the ground this year. Move around on foot enough and it gets swampy. Sorry no pics

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote