View Single Post
Old 10-10-2016, 08:49 AM   #16
Daubs

Re: Project Big Block ('04 Chevy 2500HD CC 4x4)

Put the project on hold through the summer. Daughter's softball (nine out of town tournaments), and picture guy activities took up majority of my time. Oh, and purchased two Polaris 550 ATV's...fun stuff!

Finally got around to finishing the wheel well repairs. Needed to get it done before hunting season.

Passenger side went much quicker and smoother than the driver's side. Less trial and error, knew products better, liked my game plan.

The Lord Fusor panel bond adhesive is neat stuff. Super strong bond. Easy to work with.

No need to post an "after" picture, as the fender flare covers the patch area. Looks exactly as it did, but now the inner wheel wells are painted black.

Real world test: On the driver's side, I scuffed and used the epoxy primer in the wheel well, then topped with POR Chassis Black. On the passenger side I got a little lazy, and wanted this done...so just scuffed and went Chassis Black (skipped epoxy primer). Will see which holds up better to the beating from gravel roads).

I'm happy with the repair. Appreciate all the advice and wisdom! Daubs