View Single Post
Old 06-28-2015, 07:55 AM   #3
rideair

To swap or not to swap

The “Bow Tie” will be back on the front after all. Found what seems to be a really nice single headlight grille on c-list. Based on the pictures the seller sent looks to be in better shape than the one on eBay that sold for $107.00. At a price of $25.00 appears to be a pretty good deal, the only problem its 2 ½ hours away and he doesn’t want to ship. In the end, I guess the price works out to be about the same. He also has a dual headlight grille that I plan to pick up as well for the 1986 K30 Crewcab. The good part about driving up, he has a load of other good rust free and interior parts from both trucks and Suburban’s including a dash-pad. I’m pretty the dash-pad will be coming home in the truck as well. The question starts to become, when do you stop? The front drivers fender on the Suburban though “aftermarket” is in good shape and I’ve already purchased new front aftermarket wheelhouses. So the question become, do you swap out the stuff that’s already on the truck or that’s already been purchased (wheelhouses and dash-pad cover included) for used OEM parts?
Attached Images

rideair is offline   Reply With Quote