View Single Post
Old 07-02-2015, 02:31 PM   #4
rideair

Time to sit down

Got the seats back and much like last time when doing the K30, he did not disappoint me in his work. The gentlemen’s name is “Tutt”. Tutt’s 82 years old and has been doing upholstery work his whole life. I always ask “Tutt, how much longer you going to be doing this?” his answer “Well, my father did it until he was 94 years old, so I guess about 12 more years!” He tells me he feels better Monday mornings when he comes to work, that he’s not much of a TV person and doesn’t like sitting around. The work for the price cannot be beaten anywhere. To recover both front and rear seats, even sewing in carpet on the backside of the rears like from the factory, including materials was $650.00. When I took the seats to him, he looked at me like I was crazy. He says “The rear seat looks brand new, you sure you want to recover that one?” Since I’m personally not much on the velour look/feel of the 80’s era trucks, I decided to go with something I think will look better and last longer, though keeping with the original style pattern overall and color. I had him save the original rear in hopes that someone can put it to good use. The unfortunate thing for my wife, I’m storing them in our extra bedroom/office until they’re ready to go the Suburban.
Attached Images

rideair is offline   Reply With Quote