View Single Post
Old 07-09-2015, 05:06 PM   #8
rideair

Re: 1988 Suburban Scottsdale 4x4

Well the vent windows got pulled out and sent off to Greg at “Precision” in Weston, WI. Pretty straight forward on the pull, but the real challenge can be the packing. So when it came to the packing I decided to go green or like the old saying goes “Kill two birds with one stone”. My wife has been on me to clean out my side of the closet and get rid of shirts/sweaters I’m no longer wearing (I think you know where this is going already) so I did just that. Old shirts and sweaters make great packing material along with two window fan boxes just picked up to help stay cool in the hot weather here in Virginia. I emailed Greg and said, “No need to return them! I say cut them up and use them as rags or wear them, some are still in decent shape”. Greg’s response “That is genius on your part about the packing material. I should be able to identify who they came from pretty easily. Look forward to receiving these and helping you out”. So, according to Greg, there’s a copy day turnaround at his end, then shipment back. USP (The Brown Shirt Guys/Gals) said they will be on his doorstep by Monday 7/13/2015. Any luck, Greg will get them sent out by the end of the week and get them by the follow Monday.
rideair is offline   Reply With Quote