View Single Post
Old 05-31-2017, 08:58 PM   #25
rideair

Re: 1988 Suburban Scottsdale 4x4

Been on the road a bunch with my job which has slow rolled the project more than I would like, but, a man's got to pay his bills and feed the family. Can only complain so much, having to hangout in Melbourne FL during the winter and early Spring.

Over the past few months, "zero rate" from ORD has been installed, got all the doors, windows and tailgate rebuilt with all new seals, channels etc... even tack welded in a few bucket brackets so I could install some from seats for some test rides. Amazing how much better body mounts can make on the ride.

Figured since it was all torn down, now was the time if it was even to be done, put in sound deadener. Decided to go the path that SDS recommends with sound deadening, do not do a full cover mat, add the different layers, etc... everyone is really surprise in the difference and how long it takes. If you own one of the girls, highly suggest putting in sound deadening.

Found the time to start the process of rough wiring and placement for the stereo equipment that is going in. Decided to go with a more original look on the head unit with just a simple USA-230 Custom Audio Sound with Bluetooth (I know they are not the best, but...), I've found when it's married up with a new set of 3.5" speakers in the dash (running off the head unit), new coax 4"x10" speakers in the rear, 6.5" Alpine SPR-60 in the kick panel of which are powered by a Alpine MRV-F300 amp with "two" powered Alpine PWE-S8 8" inch Subwoofers (will be under the seat and takes the feed off the rear speaker connections off the head unit), it was really surprising how clear, enough bass, high-end, etc... Tried it out playing "Take Me Home" by Phil Collins live a few years ago.

The carpet has been taken out of the box and starting to take shape.

Figured should be no more than about one more month or so before completion!

Enjoy,
Attached Images

rideair is offline   Reply With Quote