View Single Post
Old 05-03-2018, 10:21 AM   #333
DirtyLarry
Windy Corner of a Dirty Street

Re: Polar Bear Suburban

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84chevyguyid View Post
I decided to buy it, didnt want the 6 hour drive to be a total waste. Here is a link to pics of it.

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...=1#post8253226
Congrats! That is a great score! Definitely a GM Medium Duty truck engine with about 99% chance it came out of a Schwann’s Foods truck. Those are easily converted back to gasoline with a fuel rail and set of injectors. Ironically, you can buy complete take-off fuel rails and injectors on Ebay from that were taken off Schwann’s engines back when they were new and converted to propane. The only downside is those rails are returnless. New return type fuel rails can be purchased too but they are pretty pricy. The injectors are the same on returnless and return type fuel rails. I bought one of those Schwann’s take off rails and move the injectors over to a new returnless rail when I did the 8.1L in my Burb. I probably have a few returnless rails laying here as I don’t like returnless systems and always remove them and replace them with return type. Its much easier to control fuel pressure with a return type fuel system.

Obviously, the ECM will need to be reflashed but it would need reflashed regardless. Personally, I would sell the harness, get a new Howell harness and use your ECM as a core for a fresh Howell ECM. There are many choices other than Howell as well.

Have fun!
DirtyLarry is offline   Reply With Quote