Thread: Make it handle
View Single Post
Old 03-28-2016, 09:49 AM   #1852
robnolimit

Re: Make it handle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Possmguts View Post
Hey Rob.. I just came back to refresh my memory on what Ive read in this wonderful thread. I thank you for taking time to give your expertise here.

Im double thinking the setup I have going on right now. I did 2.5" drop spindles with 3" springs in front and 5" springs in back... Still dont have all the weight back on the truck yet, but I fear, like Ive been told, that this may be no good. I used your adjustable panhard bar kit along with the shock relocation kit and rear above frame sway bar. What I was looking for was maybe 2" higher in back than the front, but I didnt want to do a C-knotch... what would you recommend? Am I too low in front and should I do what you just said here and go with blocks and 3" springs in back? Still dont have the bed on and the front clip is just tacked on with a few bolts right now, so now would be the time to go back if I need to... the wheels and tires are what I'll be running in this pic... no engine (350) or trans are in it yet... Thanks in advance...
I think your close. And, remember, spring changes are easy. You may end up with a 2" spring up front, but why worry now? Get the truck on the road, and see how it sits. BTW, the hood looks great! If it's not 'just right' when your done, a set of springs is cheap and swaps in in a few hours. I don't think you need to C the rear. (I may add an "Anti-C" post soon) blocks and springs may ride a bit better, but again, I'd leave that till later. Keep pushin and start driving.
2011 Truckin' Throwdown Champion
GoodGuys 2010 National Champion

Proud to put our products up against all others!
robnolimit is offline   Reply With Quote