View Single Post
Old 03-06-2006, 12:39 PM   #39
Huskerboy2

Re: What do you think a reproduced Tow Hook would be worth????

My .02: If somebody is going to pay $100 for a set of repro hooks, why wouldn't they just go ahead and pay another $50-$100 for authentic originals. Even with the "tow hook frenzy" going on, I just watched a couple sets sell on ebay for around $200. Just because there are some idiots out there that have paid $500+, doesn't mean that's what every set is going for. If these things were really bringing $500 a pair consistently, then my 7 sets would all be for sale. Well, maybe not all of them. Anybody that wants to pay $500 for any of my tow hooks, including my NOS ones, let me know and they are yours. Hell, I'll pay the shipping.

You would have to be able to sell the repros for at least $100 to make even a little money. You just can't sell enough of them to make it worth your while and you ARE opening yourself up to a potential liability issue. Is that worth it to make what, several hundred to maybe a couple of grand.

There are a lot of people doing these restorations that don't think anything of paying $200 for a tach dash, $400 for a floor shift tilt, etc. They don't give a %$^& about paying $200 or even $400 for a set of tow hooks. So, those guys are not going to be customers.

Just my .02.