View Single Post
Old 09-19-2017, 01:33 PM   #2994
Grizz1963

Re: Grizz's Redneck Express 1966 Chevy Short Fleetside RESTO-GO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashed View Post
Im still here and standing by .

Good man !!

SO IT SEEMS PHOTOPHUKIT DOES NOT LIKE OUR KELLY OR HER PHOTO FROM LAST YEAR.

I HAVE NO IDEA HOW IT DECIDED THIS (And deleted her photo everywhere including the original post)

ANY IDEAS ??

So back at Dennis' place I got up, did some internet surfing, packed and organised my baggage.

I had to bring back a set of rear brake shoes for Martin's '65 C10 and some other bits, so Adam gave me a spare backpack to use as my allocated hand baggage, along with my travel backpack.

Once all was kind of sorted, it was time to head out as I needed to go do some final shopping at my favourite store...... Walmart.

Up to now I had purposefully avoided using Adams Hellcat SR/T for commuting and holiday driving due to the 17mpg it offered on a good day.

707 hungry, angry horses eat up a lot more fossil fuel than the 550 horses of Dennis' Hemi Challenger, and on the back of a recovery truck for 50 miles, it increased my overall mileage even more.

Adam had been telling me almost daily to take the Hellcat out and to use it, and if I broke it, we would just fix it.

So today this was my view......

Leaving the farm.

Headed back after my shopping trip, and being very sensible with it, I realised that this is an amazing piece of brutal engineering.

I could never exploit more than a third of its potential.

But the grin on my face in the dark cockpit of this car started to hurt after the first hour of driving it.

Did you note the fuel prices in the photo above.

Possibly some of the higest that had been seen here in many years.

Today was also the 11th of September, a somber day in Americas history, and Dennis' birthday.

I had seen someone's gateway when we went to the auction, and as always, clocked it and stashed it in my memory for another day.

Today.

Thank you Adam for letting me use this incredible car, freely.

It has ticked an obvious Bucket list item, I had not even realised I had.

At 12.30 Dennis came back in the Dually to pick me up and take me to the airport.

We had to pop in at Mittler Bros Racing to check the metal work of the truck they were rebuilding again.

New steel down this side and the whole rear bed on the other side.

I love this stuff.

From there we headed down the i70 toward St Louis, via O'Fallon where I picked up eye drops at Walgreens, then on to his Mum and Dads home where she had offered me another decoy duck for my home.
I love these things and other older traditional stuff

We also saw this guy.....

Keeping up and passing traffic.

Everywhere we drove, flags were at half mast, in respect of all the lives lost and injured of 9/11

And then the moment I had waited for......

Oooopppps......

No RiffRaff served here.

It is really a very good place, check out what Mr Google says.

Yup.......

Headed out for dinner now.

Later.
Grizz1963 is offline   Reply With Quote