View Single Post
Old 08-13-2020, 09:35 PM   #7
Asshat

Re: Advice on tire size and 3-4” drop

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTI View Post
Might not need drop shocks for just a 2" spring. You want to keep the shock as long as possible. Are those 'drop shocks' shorter? Stock length but re-valved?
YOU need this info to make an informed decision. Without it, you're buying generic parts.

Springs ok. Shocks? Same as the front. Are they just shorter or stock length & re-valved?

Tire sizing can compliment or kill a change in suspension height. Really need answers/info to help you make informed decisions. "Do you like their size" tells us do you like their height or are they way to tall.

The rears for the C10 generation trucks are typically 2" higher vs. the front. So, 'level' drops typically follow those numbers: 1/3; 2/4; 3/5; 4/6; 4/7".
A 2/3 drop could yield a slightly noticed rake ESPECIALLY w/different size F/R tires.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AcampoDave View Post
Sounds good. It will bring it down without it looking "obviously lowered" and you will still be able to slide under it for impromptu repairs. You coluld always add a block kit to the rear later if you decide you want it down a bit more.
Brothers Truck Supply sells springs and shocks to match the drop. They recommend a 3 / 4 drop, however, that may be too much and I don’t really want to notch it. Not sure what that involves.

Another truck I saw for sale has a 2 / 4 drop, and to me, it doesn’t look right.

Attaching a pic of the catalog page and the other truck.
That truck has the 2/4 drop and front 205-60-16 and rear 235-60-16.
Attached Images

Last edited by Asshat; 08-14-2020 at 02:34 AM.
Asshat is offline   Reply With Quote