View Single Post
Old 03-20-2012, 08:31 PM   #39
dwcsr
Hollister Road Co.

Re: CPP again....I'll never learn ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPPJEFF View Post
Just being brutally honest, i suppose i could have lied but that would be counter productive. I will say this also, yes there are lots of complaints on this board but for every complaint i bet there is a 100 orders that go perfect, u will never be able to please everyone and i agree most of these examples are just plain unacceptable we still really have a super high ratio of satisfied customers, this place is just crazy busy! There is no honest down time here, an 8 hour day goes by in 15 minutes. No matter what you do you will always have posts like these, its 2012 and the life of the boards. These boards can be your best friend or your worst enemy, when i get involved they are usually my best friend! I will never tell you guys anything but straight facts whether thats good or bad, i want you guys to have visibility whenever possible. Great post bro!
A lot of owners in this business know they have customer relations issues but choose not to do anything about it because the cash rolling in far out weighs the cash lost on a bad deals or the cost to fix them and that's unfortunate.

Good service is not hard to do but it does need to be the company culture and staying late some times to get orders done or preventing customer problems it part of that culture.

I sell a fan relay kit for Mark VIII and Taurus fans, its a niche market in side a niche market. I dominate this market and have to almost 3 years now for four reasons.
1). If a customer calls with a problem its fix to their satisfaction on the phone, they know what the remedy is and when to expect it. Yes I do make mistakes and they accept that.

2). I answer the phone up to 9 pm central for support because that's when most guys are installing my kits. If they need me on the phone while they diagnose an issue then that's what they get. You would not believe the word of mouth advertising from this alone.

3). I make sure the package going out is correct each time and if for some reason its not right when they get it I own the problem and fix it asap, that day or next day at the latest. In most cases I eat the extra shipping.

4). If there will be a back order when they make the purchase they get a call that day or next morning telling them when a parts is expected in and the option to refund the sale or wait. They have always waited.

Customer service needs to be a product that is bundled with each sale for free. The customers only obligations to the sale stop once he makes the payment and many companies make the customer jump through hoops just to get the right part.
dwcsr is offline   Reply With Quote