View Single Post
Old 11-04-2013, 01:05 AM   #39
Root2812

Re: Pre-LS swap questions

Hey guys,

So this weekend was supposed to be the weekend of progress on getting the motor all cleaned up and what not. Unfortunately my 2000 GMC Jimmy decided to suffer from the all too common bad injector spider. I ended up spending my Saturday replacing that spider with the upgraded Multiport FI system.

Anyhow, my new intake did arrive and was in good condition. The guy I got it from didn't ask me to send the broke one back so now I have 2 sets of fuel rails, throttle bodies, and injectors. Spare parts may be useful later.

I also have been giving some thought to what has been said here by all of you and I am going to go with the 4l60e instead of the 700r4 I already have. It came down to easy of hook up with out having to deal with a tv cable and the fact that by they time I buy the adapter kit and tv cable I'm almost to the cost of the 4l60e. I just gave the 700r4 to my dad. Its going to go in a 57 bel-air behind a 283.

So here is a question. I have read that there are many differences in the 4l60e's. Could I run one that came out of a 2002 with a 4.8 when my motor is a 2000 5.3? I think I could but I want to check with you guys first. A local guy has that tranny in 2wd with 130,000 for $400. I can get him to come down. Up here in the north the 2wd trannys are harder to come by because most guys buy 4x4 trucks.

Thanks