View Single Post
Old 02-23-2010, 01:29 AM   #1
masaki

Request help for a GMC jimmy restore project...

Hi, my name is Masaki, I'm from Peru, I want to start a project here, restore my old GMC jimmy, I just purchased this car from a friend (very cheap) but I have some question about this car...

first of all, don't have the original engine, the engine was replaced with a nissan LD28 diesel engine and gear box, but, my friend have in their garage the original 4x4 transmission with an linear 6 cilinder engine (chevy 250 L6), the problem is, in the front grill the car say 350, so, I presume, the original engine is a V8 350, is there any way to confirm this?

my second question, the suspension look like the original, the same with the axle, but I found that the front wheel have 6 nuts, and the rear 5 nuts, is this ok?

my other question... this is a convertible car with removable hard roof, but since this car is old the seals or where the roof contact the metal parts are not present, and I don't know about them, can anybody send me photos?

I read about a soft roof, is that an accesory? or is a standard part for this car?

here is the car actual condition...

PS:
Sorry for the english, but is not my native language

Name:  P2100012.jpg
Views: 1266
Size:  51.5 KB

Name:  P2100016.jpg
Views: 1231
Size:  52.5 KB

Name:  P2100018.jpg
Views: 1192
Size:  51.2 KB