View Single Post
Old 09-05-2023, 10:38 AM   #114
JohnIL

Southern Illinois Truck Showdown

Over the weekend, my son and I took the C10 to the 2nd Annual Southern Illinois Truck Showdown in Marion, IL. I didn't get many pictures because we were so busy talking to people about their trucks.

The show was fantastic. There were hundreds of classic and custom trucks in attendance. This is, by far, the largest show we've ever been to. We had a great time. We met tons of great people and saw tons of great trucks. The 60-66 era was well represented!

We met Robbie from United By Trucks. If you haven't seen his YouTube channel, you should check it out. After meeting Robbie in person, I appreciate him even more than I did before. He's gracious, sharing, and passionate about old trucks. He treated my son and I like old friends. He's an excellent ambassador for the classic truck community.

We live about four hours from Marion and we had to make the drive over night. So, rather than driving the C10, we opted for towing it behind my daily driver pickup. That feels like a cop-out, but I didn't want to take the chance of breaking down along the interstate in the middle of the night.

My goal is to have the truck sorted well enough to drive it to next year's show. That means that I need to get cracking on the power disc brakes and the overdrive transmission.

It was fun weekend. Now it's time to get back to work on that truck!

Build Thread:
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=838676
JohnIL is offline   Reply With Quote