View Single Post
Old 04-23-2023, 10:16 AM   #22
LONGHAIR
just can't cover up my redneck

Re: Question re: dealer license plate frames

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadheadNM View Post
Good deal guys thanks for the follow up. I had a pair reproduced from a photo until I can find original examples.

Michael, did you see that NM want to add a front plate now? Helps with the surveillance cameras apparently. But you'll be safer
That's funny, because Ohio just got rid of the front plate 3 years ago. I had been hoping for it for decades. Back in the 80s, I ran my CJ-5 for several years without one and only got called out on it once.
When I bought the Camaro new in '14, I instructed the salesman to not let the prep guys install one on it. The bracket comes in the trunk, out of respect for the states that don't require this stupidity.....but they did it anyway.
The '20 Colorado which was purchased in December of '19, has never had a front plate, but the bracket it there nonetheless. The law didn't actually take effect until July, but I "risked it" for 7 months.
The dumb thing is that you can still "opt" to have two plates when you renew?
I don't really know why they would do that? They also give you the option of multiple years at once. I think up to 5? though I only did 2 last time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longhorn Man View Post
As for reading directions...
The directions are nothing but another man's opinion.
Learn from the mistakes of others, you won't live long enough to make them all yourself...

Bad planning on your part does not necessarily constitute an instant emergency on my part....

The great thing about being a pessimist is that you are either pleasantly surprised or right.
LONGHAIR is offline   Reply With Quote