Thread: Rat repair.
View Single Post
Old 12-01-2013, 07:11 PM   #167
swamp rat

Re: Rat repair.

Well today was a good day to do a little in the garage fab work so i tried making a bracket today out of some 2 X 2 x 3/16 angle, i don't know if its gonna be ok or not, I really needed a 2 X 2 1/2 X 1/4" angle but didn't have any.

Looking at the pic's, the forward bolt is the stock location for the stabilizer, on the bottom you can see how close the stabilizer is to the outside U Bolt with the wheels straight, if i had a longer leg i would have been able to move the hole for the stabilizer down and away from the axle so it would be in line with the forward bolt. I thought about making a longer bracket out of the same material but i think it will interfere with the tie rod at full turn.

Naturally the weather is flat dumpin buckets today so just remounting it i got soaked, next time i get a dry moment I'll fire the truck up and check the clearance.. If it don't work then I'll probably give in and cut the new bracket. But for now, Football will suffice.

One thing is for certain, when i realized this stabilizer was a different design i should have just returned it and just ordered a replacement stabilizer with the eyes and reused the same Rancho brackets of which i still have the whole assembly, i didn't think i was gonna have such a time making the new setup work..

All this mounting and unmounting trying different ways to get this thing mounted is taking a toll on my fresh paint, Gonna have to do some touch up when it gets warm again.
Attached Images

Swamp Rat build thread :
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=595019

72 3/4T 4X4
4" BDS Lift
33" BFG's
swamp rat is offline   Reply With Quote