View Single Post
Old 11-21-2019, 07:56 PM   #210
SeventyOne

Re: The "In over my head" build thread

11/18-11/20: Warp Speed Ahead!

Alright so Monday through Weds of this week i was able to put at least 6hrs into the truck each day and I feel really good about the progress. More importantly I feel like I can see the light at the end of the tunnel!

After getting the top back in place, I worked to get the CST panels in place. I didn't want to deal with screws so I bought this 3M velcro style fastener. Unlike velcro that has a fuzzy side (loops) and a hard side (hooks) the 3m product has plastic interlocking tabs for lack of a better terms that lock with the opposing side when pressed together. It hold very well and I didn't have to drill holes in my stupid-expensive CST panels.

Name:  CargoArea.jpg
Views: 726
Size:  48.8 KB
Name:  CSTPanel.jpg
Views: 724
Size:  97.5 KB
Name:  Velcro.jpg
Views: 718
Size:  86.9 KB

I then turned my attention to the front lights and engine wiring harnesses. As mentioned before I'm using the AAW Classic Update kit and it's pretty awesome but some forethought goes a long way in making sure you don't mess up. Especially since I wanted to wrap the harness in the OE style vinyl wrap I had to plan ahead where wires would exit the harness and where they were routing.

Name:  FuseBlock.jpg
Views: 719
Size:  76.2 KB

I also used this braided wire wrap in some cases where the vinyl tape didn't seem like the best option:

It's a good product, hides your wires, and offers a little more protection that just being bare.

Name:  WireWrap.jpg
Views: 726
Size:  94.7 KB
SeventyOne is offline   Reply With Quote