Thread: Project "Leon "
View Single Post
Old 07-29-2014, 01:26 PM   #49
texasld

Re: Project "Leon "

I bought a HF Powder Coat system a few weeks back, and got an old oven from a friend that moved into a new house and replaced the oven. Harvest gold oven? I'll take it! I have been playing with it for a few days now and this is what I'm getting. I wish I snapped a picture of the A-Arm before I blasted them. Although these are 2 different arms, the effect is the same.

Before
Name:  BareLowerA.jpg
Views: 800
Size:  25.8 KB

After
Name:  CoatedUpper.jpg
Views: 829
Size:  32.7 KB

Pictures aren't the best...

Also coated the track arm. I really like the red Prothane bushings. After doing some reading, I'll be using an adjustable one. I have some ideas about making my own. we will see how that goes. Gotten some inspiration from the board.

Name:  TrackBar.jpg
Views: 833
Size:  33.8 KB

Is it the best system around, Absolutely not, Is it worth the money, and fun? HECK YEA!

My evenings have consisted of clean, coat, bake, repeat..... It gets tiring after a while, but I'm happy with the way everything is turning out. I didn't feel like masking all the surfaces of my spindles so I just painted them.

Name:  PaintedSpindals.jpg
Views: 833
Size:  50.0 KB

I took my axles to Mike Minette as Scoti suggested. He had them done the same day I dropped them off. $175. Not bad I guess. Now I can start rebuilding my rear end.

I read Scoti's "How-to" on cutting your rear shock mounts to change up the angle. I didn't take a picture of the lowers because they were in the oven, but here are the uppers. If you haven't seen it, the article is great.

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=437582 Thank you for the great info Scoti! Not a great picture, but you get the point.

I'm so glad I decided to support the board. Greatest investment in my truck thus far!
Attached Images

2010 Harley Street Glide

Check Out My Build!: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=617981
texasld is offline   Reply With Quote