View Single Post
Old 07-12-2015, 06:42 PM   #15
Hampshire

Re: Being jerked around by Patricks

I am finally nearing the finish on a 2 year AD project I've been doing with a small, one man shop. I get to work hands-on, so it's been a real education. For the most part, things worked out, but often we ended up fabricating/engineering things after being frustrated with poor customer service & tech support.

For AD & Task force parts, I think it is best to stay with the well-known vendors - Jim Carter, LMC, Brothers, Chevys of the 40's, Mar-K and a few more. ... For general mechanical stuff, I stay with Summit, Jegs, Speedway, Master Power Brakes and some others. You'll get your stuff on time and get some decent advice. We also found several excellent smaller vendors like Gayle Bridges, Alan Grove & others.

It's a constant discovery process...whenever you can, get several solid references. If doing your research on the internet/forums - talk to the people directly who are posting about their experiences. The internet has it's limitations as a research tool - nothing beats "face time", either in person or over the phone.

My 49 AD build thread http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=660718
Hampshire is offline   Reply With Quote