View Single Post
Old 01-04-2017, 01:55 AM   #1324
mosesburb
I had a V-8

Re: The Story Of A Cummins Suburban (Lots Of Pics)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Average Joe View Post
Wow! That awning is NICE!!! Good job!
Thanks!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by piratexpress1369a View Post
That's awesome..
Thank you!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lower50's View Post
That looks fantastic!!!! Where did you get and what brand are the clamps used to hold your roof rack on? Also do you have a close up of the pivots for the arms of your awning? Thanks
Thanks!! The brackets are Quick-n-easy brand and I bought hem from NRS.com. I don't know if I have a pic or not. The ends of the arms are 1" .250 wall DOM tubing with the 1" square tubing welded to it. They fit into simple brackets that allow a 1/2" bolt to pass through and act as a hinge pin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieselwrencher View Post
Very nice awning! I bet you have a lot of time in finding all the stuff to make it happen. That is good you found a friend of a friend to do the actual sewing building of the canvas. We just got quotes for some custom camper awnings and holly cow those people are nuts.
Thanks man. Yeah, a bunch of time and a bunch of money too. The guy really did fantastic work for what I feel was an extremely reasonable price. That being said it was still an expensive deal with all of the materials etc. For example; there is over 30' of big lunky brass zippers on this thing. I haven't even come close to getting my money's worth out of it yet, but it sure was nice the other night in the rain.