Thread: *Repair Shops*
View Single Post
Old 08-05-2020, 05:43 AM   #10
special-K
Special Order

Re: *Repair Shops*

It sure is ridiculous how things have changed for the worse. We used to make our own products that were high quality. The cheapest brand back then was better than the best consumer model today. I guess Speed Queen is in it's own league... and it sounds like the price is as well. It used to be the product was advertised by telling you how good the product is. It doesn't seem so long ago Maytag's ad campaign was showing how bored their service men were having nothing to do. And it wasn't false advertising. My washer and dryer are proof of that. Now when you go to buy an extended warranty is offered. It's as if they are letting you know how crappy the product is. As if they know you shouldn't expect it to last that long and you should expect troubles with it. My thought when I am asked, and what I have said many times is, "If this thing is worth what I am paying I shouldn't be needing that warranty. It's not "what if" any more, it's "when" and "how many times" you have to consider. I figure since the products now require an extended warranty, then the product should come with an extended warranty.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote