View Single Post
Old 11-26-2013, 11:02 PM   #18
Mister-B
Account Suspended

Re: '72 Sierra Grande Critique

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlcrz1972 View Post
I see it needing a coolant recovery tank, update to HEI, definitely get rid of the fuel filter on the engine and instal a solid fuel line from the fuel pump to the carb., get rid of the white walls, and the mud flaps.

Put a sport type rear bumper on it, and add a receiver hitch. And add a new style spare tire cable lift with a spare.

Get the oil changed and put an A/C delco filter or Wix filter on it.

Now I can't tell tell what carb. that is on it, it doesn't look like a quadrajet, but I do see the electric choke on the side of the carb. Be sure it is wired with the oil pressure safety switch so it works like it should. Ex. without oil pressure (say the engine dies), it won't be heating up the element.

Other than that drive her, and enjoy.
Good points. I didn't bring up some of those things, because he said it would be a hardware store truck, but once he gets it I'm sure he'll like driving it so much, it'll get used more than he originally thought. So, yeah. I'd ditch the mud flaps and then turn the white walls in. I used to have that same step bumper, and I'm glad I ditched it for a chrome one. There are only 4 bolts that hold on that heavy step bumper, and two of them snapped in half without too much force when I turned them to remove the bumper. Glad I never towed with it.

Here's my new bumper
Mister-B is offline   Reply With Quote