View Single Post
Old 01-03-2017, 12:50 AM   #30
joedoh

Re: 1941 project fenix

they always start out low buck, and then they end up, well not high buck but mid buck for sure haha

the s10 donor has some okay appearing seats with terrible covers, and a headrest. I am going to go for a nice rich burgundy interior on this one so I drew up what I want the upholstery to look like. the pleats will be half rounds, really bumpily. I think it will look nice with the bolsters. I think he said they were 89 fwd lebaron seats.

I cleaned out the garage and decided it was time to take out another shelving unit. I had cleaned off everything from the 49 and all the extra S10 parts I would never need (TCC or ECM for a 98 blazer? how do I even save these things). Eventually I will get rid of all the shelves on the right side of the garage but for now there IS SO MUCH ROOM FOR ACTIVITIES!

did you ever have a moment of clarity? I marked the cut for the frame trim and started to get out the plasma cutter, but I wanted to make sure I knew where the fuel lines ran. usually they cross over on the trans and come up the back of the engine but I didnt see them, I figured it out and quickly decided to use the spinny wheel to make my frame cuts.

well that could have escalated quickly! luckily I am the uber careful, googles and a faceshield kind of careful.

did the other side. dont worry about where the cab is in relation to the cuts, I was pushing it side to side to make room. the cuts actually work out perfect with the taper of the cab.

Thats all I got done today but the real trick was organizing the garage and not burning the place down haha. we had some errands to run, time for a new work laptop since its a new year, self employed guys know the glory of Jan 1.

if there is a problem, I can have it.

new project WAYNE http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=844393
joedoh is offline   Reply With Quote