View Single Post
Old 09-28-2019, 09:41 AM   #12
Martyt

Re: Blazer for sale, not mine. Reno, Nv.

Am going to have it driven to Penryn (east of Sacramento and not far from Tahoe); my buddy has a shop there--not a so-called professional shop--more of a car hobby shop. He has good guys that are expert in metal and body work and can also also turn a wrench on seemingly all things related to cars. The truck was purchased in Colfax CA and immediately driven to Tahoe where it resides to this day. Original miles and has not been driven much at all for several years. Given that the seats were supposedly covered almost soon after it was purchased, they may be in very good condition (or maybe not). Again, I bought this sight unseen so I relied on pictures and good conversations with what I think is a trustworthy seller. It has family history and pretty much unmolested originality backed up by provenance like my K10--that is what matters most to me. That, and hopefully not too many surprises on the rust side of things--not a huge thing really-my guys in Penryn eat rust for breakfast, replicating factory spot welds and caulking and worrying about little things. But the best thing they do is that if I love a truck, they love it too and take pride an ownership in their work; again, not a professional shop--just some guys who are knowledgeable and love working on the classics.