View Single Post
Old 03-13-2020, 02:27 PM   #64
Ironangel

Re: 350 GM Crate Motor questions for a 66 C10

Quote:
Originally Posted by msg View Post
Thanks guys, I had pulled the motor about 5 years ago and prior to that the mounts were replaced a year before that. Ill attach a pic of those, with a light clean they look like the summit ones in the 360 view. The brackets I had sandblasted and epoxy primered a while ago and pulled them out of storage. I will reuse them since they should work. The bolts and washers I stored after pulling Ill attach pics of as well. The bolts Summit sent me links to are way longer. Thats where I was mostly concerned. Looks like there were some spacers used on the mount to engine bolts. One was bigger than the other.
The links Summit sent you are the high dollar aftermarket versions of what you already have, no need to waste money there when fuel lines, pumps, and fittings need to be had. I'm in the middle of installing a fuel cell with electric pump, regulator, filter, and lines myself. I built a 12.5 compression 427BBC motor that requires 110 octane race gas, and a starter that can turn a motor with CR. One thing leads to another so careful thought has to go into a new motor installation...The motor mounts you have bolt directly to the block with 1" long 3/8 bolts. The 1-1/4" long 7/16 bolts get a lock and a flat washer because your stands have been slotted. Motor mounts sit directly on the stands and shouldn't require any spacers. I'm glad you were able to score that L31 motor, I think your going to be impressed! That was a steal!
71 C/50 Grain Truck, 350 Split-Axle 4-Speed
02 3/4 ton Express
14 Indian Chief Vintage
1952 Ford 8N, "Only Ford Allowed On The Property"
"Be American, Buy American"
Ironangel is offline   Reply With Quote