View Single Post
Old 07-20-2023, 08:35 AM   #1067
special-K
Special Order

Re: Vintage 4wd Pictures:Other Makes

I always looked, still would if I could buy, for original paint. No matter the condition, too. I'm not going to pay someone back for their paint job and not know what's underneath. Basically, I'll buy the truck but not buying the paint job. Primer spotted all over a truck I'm not crazy about. Just bugs me. I had this truck from CA. I took a gamble assuming the sun at the paint and the owner in the land of the best old trucks used primer over the "ugly" spots, not body work. I don't have any pictures from after I wiped the primer off with lacquer thinner, but my hunch was right. No rust, just chips and scratches. I love this kind of truck straight out of the '70s. It would have been a beautiful nicest truck in town back then, and not aged. That is my favorite.

That was the vibe I desired for the blue & white '72 K/20 Highlander I had. I even went with white spoke wheels, which I was the first guy to hate on in the '70s once they went on everything under the sun, even cars! The set of wheels and tiures sat in my barn a long time before I rebuilt the undercarriage. Damn rats or cast, or other must have peed on them and some spots of powder coat popped off with rusted bare metal. PERFECT!
Attached Images

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote