View Single Post
Old 01-27-2014, 07:13 PM   #7
rotduke98

Re: Dont buy hedman headers part #69010

ka_jd7, thanks for your thoughts on this, but the i6 to v8 mount issue is more for the earlier model trucks, 67-72. My truck is a 1979 and it came with a 305 and im putting a 350 into it now. The older trucks had the smaller one piece motor mounts and the squares have the larger clamshells with different frame to crossmember brackets. There also isnt any other holes to move into on frame and no room to move on the cross member either. I did think about sliding the drivetrain forward and drilling the frame to make room, but i would need about 2-3 inches for the headers to fit and then only half of the mount bracket would be on the cross member. I also would have to modify the driveshaft, shift linkage, fuel lines, etc, etc. If you check geezers pics above, his motor mounts and engine are in the same position as mine. One of the reasons i bought these was they were supposed to be bolt on and go. If i wanted to do field modifications there are other better header options that ill probably end up going with anyway. Thanks for the help though. Hopefully we'll figure it out.
rotduke98 is offline   Reply With Quote