View Single Post
Old 03-31-2013, 02:26 PM   #55
mechanixman

Re: 1952 1 Ton Rebuild

Quote:
Originally Posted by coralhead View Post
I know this is going against what I feel but with all the changes that you are possibly looking at doing you may be better off doing an s10 swap. It may be a bit more work but finding parts for a 1 ton may be more expensive than finding a junked donor s-10. More people on this site have a lot more info on this type of path.

What parts would you be talking about?
I like the idea of staying with the same frame, because
1 it's massive. I think it'll be a lot stronger than an s10 frame. especially when I box it.

2 it's a straight frame. So I don't need to worry about about where the rear axle correlates to the frame. If I need to move it forward an inch or two,I can do that without any real consequences. And it makes it easier to install a bed. (at least I think, correct me if I'm wrong) I believe the bed mounts will be all the same. Again, not needing to worry about the "humps" in the frame to clear the axle.

Why would it be more expensive?
As far as I can tell, almost everything is interchangeable with 3/4 ton parts, which don't seem to be too pricey.

I don't want to sound rude, I just don't understand the cons of the 1 ton frame.
Thanks
mechanixman is offline   Reply With Quote