Thread: Restoring Rusty
View Single Post
Old 05-27-2019, 11:49 PM   #5977
Wgesnerjr

Re: Restoring Rusty

2010 Camaro exhaust manifolds worked great on my 85. no need to cut frame.

Also, I bought inexpensive eBay mounts because I`m cheap and always looking to save a buck. They worked perfectly well until I went to install a low mount A/C bracket and compressor. Did not fit as well as I would have liked. Wish I would have spent the extra cash on the Holley mounts. Too late to change now as trans mount and exhaust are now in. DOH!

I am running a mechanical, belt driven cooling fan. This dictated the use is the factory 85 fan shroud. it clears the fan nicely, but the stock 2003 intake tube is a little off. Good enough to get it up and running but not good enough to be permanent. bought a cheap eBay Cold Air Induction set up, but only used the pipe and elbow. Did not use the aftermarket filter. kept the stock air box.

I Also used the 2003 understood fuse box. in hind sight, should have used a smaller fuse panel like the LT1 site suggested.

Lastly, my motor did not like Denso O2 sensors. Gave me All kinds of fits. Finally switched to A.C. Delco and have been trouble free since.
LS 5.3, 4L60E
Father/Daughter Project
Wgesnerjr is offline   Reply With Quote