View Single Post
Old 04-02-2020, 01:15 PM   #25
special-K
Special Order

Re: what are the new craigslists scams?

I still use Craigslist. It has slowed down, not as many responses up front, but works for me. First I am careful in e-mail before moving on to phone. I ask a lot of questions and give a lot of info on the item before giving out my address, which happens only if they sound pretty well sold. One thing I ask is if they are coming alone and where they live. I'd get how many and who they are, basically make them feel like they have to let me know why they are all coming together. I always make it sound like I'm not home alone and make mention of my neighbors. I'm crafty about it. Just mix it in to conversation. I feel safe here and I feel I can feel people out pretty well, but play it safe after hearing some things.

I have bought a lot of old vehicles through various formats but for whatever reason never from Craigslist. I can't recall ever buying anything, come to think of it.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote