View Single Post
Old 03-30-2024, 10:34 PM   #7
jerry moss
Born Psycho

Red face Re: 3/4 ton big block with SMOG?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PbFut View Post
A 1972 c20 has a commercial classification, so no calif smog equipment is required. C10 required smog as it was not classified commercial. It is why a c20 is more expensive to register in California because of commercial class. The c20 has commercial plate allowing you to park in yellow curb commercial zones. Useful in urban areas of LA, SF and SD. The Chevy Suburban, even the c20 Suburban was classified as a passenger vehicle so smog was required. You can get a C20 registered as passenger if you have a permanent camper on it to save a few bucks but a sharp eyed smog tech could have caused problems. Not a issue now. We are past inspection dates. If you need info on BB smog parts, I would look to the C3 Corvette owners. They likely have the info given there were a lot of BB Corvettes from that time.
good info, I never gave it a thought about the subs are registered as a passenger car and I own one.
69 suburban K20-tilt,tach,vacuum,speedwarning,buckets,shoulder belts,am/fm,4 inch all spring lift,4 speed, 14 bolt full floater, dana 44 HD,warn winch,posi front and rear,tow hooks,plus other goodies.
73/80 chevy/gmc K20 SB400,turbo 400,205,tilt,a-c,gas hog.
77 K/5 cheyenne blazer-daily driver/beater. SON HAS IT NOW
BRENTWOOD,CALIFORNIA
jerry moss is offline   Reply With Quote