View Single Post
Old 01-02-2013, 10:28 PM   #21
paintman

Re: 46 pickemup in NJ "the Rebuild"

Ok moving on, so lets see I finally got the scott's IFS finished up around august of this year and it was time to make a decision on what to do with the motor for this rig. Originally the plan was to stay with the 350/350 combo. I have an engine shop about 2 miles away that said they would love to rebuild it for me.

The only problem is that I tend to go against the grain sometimes, and after going to a few car show over the summer and seeing nothing but belly buttons with chrome on them, I knew I wanted something different. So I hearkened back to the good ole days when I was 21 and was able to buy my first brand new truck. It had a 250 inline 6 that I couldn't kill. Back then I was heavily involved with racing karts on the weekends and I drove the piss out of that truck driving all over the damn place to different tracks!!!! So off I went a search for an inline. I was lucky to come across an engine right in my back yard that was in a 71 Chevy Nova. the Kid who owned it wanted to put your typical V* chromer in it to impress the chicks. So after hearing it run for an hour, $250 later she sat in my drive way.
paintman is offline   Reply With Quote