View Single Post
Old 04-07-2015, 02:13 AM   #18
1Bad 37

Re: 1Bad37: C5 Corvette Meets '37 Chevy...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68c10airstream View Post
Hi christian, been waiting for the pics. Very very nice fab work!!! Fantastic that you went outside of the box and did irs, and a tilt box besides. This will be a rolling showcase for your work!! A little late for trans repair thoughts but the condition you spoke of first where you hold the shifter in gear and then the clunk, then good to go is typical of mainshaft walking back and forth. Because gears are cut at an angle they end load the shaft. There will always be more force under acceleration one way than you could ever do decelerating the other way. Watch thrust washer clearance (if so equipped) between washer and the case as an example. Do't mean to make you worry, just thoughts i wanted to share. If i lived close would love to feel the handling firsthand! Keep the pics coming. Good luck, Brian F.
Thanks for the kind words!

This is interesting! I've talked to at least a dozen people about this and you've been the first to say about anything like that!Well, I took it apart once, so I can take it apart again if this business of falling out of gear continues and really watch the shimming of the trans. Nothing felt loose or anything though...
1Bad 37 is offline   Reply With Quote