Thread: todd68chevy
View Single Post
Old 02-29-2016, 09:27 PM   #72
Todd68Chevy

Re: todd68chevy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel46 View Post
I like your new 1 ton! Good to see progress on the stretch cab truck. How did you make the transmission tunnel?
Thanks, I have a buddy that is a good metal guy and I am just his helper. LOL I have learned a lot during this project and would have never tried a lot of this without help and coaching from a few great friends.

We used 18 gauge metal on all the flat area and then used 20 gauge on the tunnel. We made a pattern with poster board and got it close Then transferred that to aluminum sheet and after getting it bent and fitted we transferred the measurements to the metal. Cut it and hand bent the tunnel over a torch tank and then finished it off by hand. The rear drive shaft tube, we used the torch tank caps. It was the closest sizes that we could find to what we needed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swamp rat View Post
Nice to see some updates! keep up the good work cause i want to see this truck finished!
Thanks. It has turned in to a very long term project. My work schedule has changed and I do not have the time to work on it like I wish I could. I really want to see it done also!

I currently own: 1940 Chevy Fire truck (project), 1946 Chevy truck (project), 1946 Chevy 1 Ton pick up, 1953 Chevy school bus (storage area), 1968 Chevy C10 (I have drove for 26 years), 1994 Chevy C2500 (daily driver), 2005 GMC crew cab K2500 (parts hauler) and more trucks for parts.
Todd68Chevy is offline   Reply With Quote