View Single Post
Old 10-02-2017, 02:03 AM   #125
gokellurself

Re: Kell's Two Cents - 1946 build

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSHADES View Post
I would suggest painting it. You can always do some fake patina on it if you really want to.
SHADES Thanks for the fauxtina reminder, definitely turned out to be the right route

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99 to Life View Post
that is a patina from the patina gods. engine doing ok? def don't want to rush stuff like that. it takes alot of time cleaning the block and threads. Just food for thought, any engine I get or build I typically do a compression test. Just helps to know what each cylinder is doing. You could also do a leakdown test on your cooling system just to make sure there is no cracks in the head or block. I doubt there is, but its good to rule things out.
The guy selling this truck actually called me right when he listed it, apparently he saw some ad I had on CL, probably flipping 46 parts, and hit me up. I was heavy on the hunt for a nice patina after I wasn't liking the direction the first truck I bought was going, so I jumped all over it. Funny how that stuff works out... I couldn't be happier with mine but as far as patinas go I think the real gems are the nice even ones like your 51.

Good call on the engine testing, I can't believe I hadn't jumped on that for curiosities sake. I haven't gotten to the leak down yet, but I ran the compression test one evening and I think my numbers are looking pretty good. I let the gauge jump up 4 times, and typically did 2 tests per cylinder, sometimes 3 to make sure I was getting a good reading. Each cylinder came in between 110 + 120 psi, so if I'm not mistaken I think that means I'm doing alright
gokellurself is offline   Reply With Quote