Thread: TA_C10: Stage 1
View Single Post
Old 02-20-2020, 11:17 PM   #562
TA_C10

Re: TA_C10: Stage 1

Update – 3 Fan Relay Wiring(resistor-diode) – New Battery

After thinking about my fan wiring, I figured out instead of splitting the trinary ground wire close and putting a resistor and diode on each wire separate and connecting to each low and high side trigger connection for the relays, I made the split in wires “after” the resistor and diode so I only needed one.

Here is the updated wiring diagram(and this is why I do my diagrams first on paper in pencil ).

And here is my method of wiring in the diode and resistor. Usually you would “T” the main wire and send the resistor out to separate ground but being inline I think will add enough resistance(time will tell). I found out you can cut the resistor leads short, heat the wire jacket so its soft, and slide the resistor lead into the soft jacket and it will hold it for you while you solder them together. Works great. Here are a few pics. Don’t forget to put your heat shrink on first!

I ended up getting a red top optima after all. Turns out it was only $30 more than the AZ Duralast AGM battery, so this was a no brainer.

Lights!

"It's only money".

Last edited by TA_C10; 02-21-2020 at 08:08 PM.
TA_C10 is offline   Reply With Quote