View Single Post
Old 10-20-2009, 11:13 PM   #21
bubba327
HOW long until spring??

Re: At Last- Power steering in a I-6

Name:  IMG_2256.jpg
Views: 11857
Size:  41.5 KBFinally got all the brackets built. E-brake works great. Wiring harness comes later in the project. Planning a cover for the wiring under the column.
Had to add 1 wire under the dash for a hazard flasher( orange wire to flasher , brown wire up to column switch ) and now all directional lighting works perfect! Everything else wired up color to existing color. The new orange wire comes from the hot side of the brake light switch , using the same circuit so the hazard light quit flashing when the brake lights are on. (as per 1977 Chevy wiring diagram)

Name:  IMG_2257.jpg
Views: 17928
Size:  43.2 KBFinished tilt steering column . I removed the lock mechanism and ignition switch and ground off the un-used lock casting, Machined a piece of aluminum for a plug that press fit into the hole left by the lock, epoxied in place and added a roll pin that I drilled in from inside the collar.Press fit piece was sanded smooth to match and painted. Looks great ,no trace that a key ever existed.
Steering wheel was found installed in a Buick 4-door in the local the Pick-A -Part. Maybe a mid 80's Chevy Camaro sport wheel? Dunno what it came from, but it was only $8.00...

Name:  IMG_2259.jpg
Views: 13110
Size:  45.6 KB The 64 E-brake highly modified to fit a 77 Tilt column.

Gee-- it is good to be attaching and posting again.. Bubba
bubba327 is offline   Reply With Quote