View Single Post
Old 03-08-2020, 05:37 PM   #255
Vic1947

Re: 57 Chevy Wagon - Californa Dreamin'

Had a few days just warm enough to be able to prime some parts. Due to being shortsighted, I ran out of material with a bit left to do. Ordered up some more which should be here on Wednesday according to the tracking. You can see from the first photo below what happens when a wobbly, weak old person tries to pretend he can still paint. Fortunately, it's just primer and it blocked right out but it illustrates why I'm delegating the actual paint job.

Meanwhile, I've made the filler panels for both sides to cover the areas I cut out when installing the suicide hinges. Also needed a couple of plates to cover the spots where the original tailgate retractors fit. Now that the rear hatch is one piece, those are gone. I also spent a little time under the car tidying up the floor pan before it gets body schutz. There's also some places that will need seam sealer replaced from having the body dipped. Hope to get the floor pan coated from the firewall back to the rear wheel wells this week. So I'll be doing a supply run to the paint store tomorrow.

Being a tightwad, I'm blocking the jambs, the firewall and the dash to save a few bucks. I'd rather spend a bit extra on the outside where it matters. Lots to do and the Tri-Five Nationals will be here before you know it. We're hoping this coronavirus thing has faded away well before then. If it lurks around it could put a damper on all kinds of fun stuff.
Attached Images

Maybelline - my '57 Ford 2dr Sedan "Mecum'd" 3/2016 Location unknown
Silver Streaker "Mecum'd" 4/2013 Somewhere in Texas
Vic1947 is offline   Reply With Quote