Commander Taco Bello

Re: 1950 Chevy 3600 - Bumper Punchin'

So the plans for now are:
  1. Get the front clip pulled
  2. Get the engine and tranny pulled
  3. Clean the frame front to back
  4. POR 15 the frame
  5. Start boxing the frame... front to back

I have a couple weeks yet before I can do the shopping I need to do, so we should have lots of time to get these done. I figure we have 28' of frame to box, equaling 48' of welding and grinding to do. uhg!

I also had a call with Jepf at Scotts Hot Rods on friday and am seriously leaning toward using them for both the front and rear setup on this project. Jepf was really helpful and I think it's going to save me a ton of time if they build the stuff and send it over.

btw, i wanted to say thanks to those of you following this build, and my past build. It's awesome to get the feedback you all give and it really provides a lot of motivation to do it, and do it right. I can say that without any doubt at all, that if it wasn't for this forum, the people, and the knowledge here, I would of never done my last build, and would have never even considered this one.

The best part is, my wife and kids are getting involved and are enjoying it. Today my 13 year old helped a ton and got rewarded with being able to use a grinder to take a bolt out for the first time. Seems simple, but he felt good about it, and i felt good teaching him about how to use one.

ok, enough of that... time to go clean the garage

Last edited by IvelDesigns; 03-02-2009 at 01:35 AM.
IvelDesigns is offline   Reply With Quote