View Single Post
Old 08-24-2016, 09:10 AM   #114
colgad

Re: 72 2wd project "No Daggum Money"

[QUOTE=jjzepplin;7692582]What carb does it have? Edelbrock? I think my Holley does a good job and does not give me troubles, I will eventually go with a bolt on injection system. This way I get injection-and a big small block.
===
That may have been a quicker solution for sure. I have heard a few failures on the road and guys being stranded because no one has parts for the bolt on versions.
It's a Quick Fuel carb (Holley style) A lot of the issues I have I think are due to the Thumper cam and the fact that I have Vortec heads and the plugs need to be short ones in order to miss the headers and not burn the wires. The short plugs are not available with a wide range of heat ranges and I think it runs to cold. But if I change the cam to possibly fix the loading up issues while idling with the ac on as you know you have to pull the pan to get the timing cover off so I might as well pull the engine and if I pull it I am going LS. I got the 6.0 really cheap which help with my motivation.
Since your now an AC expert maybe you can tell me why my Blazer with Vintage AC, the evaporator box sweats so much. It cools great and during my 4414 mile Power Tour trip this year it did great. I put insulation all around it and it helped alot but it still gets wet and soaks the insulation. This does not seem to happen in the C10 with the same unit. I am thinking that its the larger amount of humid air to cool.
1955 Red-Cream, Chevrolet Nomad, restoration on hold
2004 Black, Corvette Z06 LS6 convertible (Rock solid Fun) 2011/2018 Power Tour
colgad is offline   Reply With Quote