View Single Post
Old 03-03-2021, 07:25 PM   #25
c10hevy

Re: 1987 V2500/3500 12v nv4500 build

Thanks DieselWrencher, the 100% duty cycle is definitely overkill for what I am going to be using it for, but rule #1 is to always look cool!
That air compressor flows about 15.4CFM at 110psi, which I don't know about you guys, but I think that's pretty stout! Ill definitely install all support brackets when its spinning, just got to lift the engine up a bit so that I can share the rear support with the engine mount.

I got my 47RE back from Schmitt Performance Transmission, with a full rebuild, billet input shaft, and Goerends valve body. I also bought the Goerends AD triple disk converter, its supposedly built with an Allison stator and is marketed as the "Best of both Worlds" in between the 15SS and 17SS. So we'll see how it goes.

I welded up the flexplate stiffener, and of course the best weld was the last...

I also got the trans to T-case adapter from ORD (but it looks like its the same as the Advance Adapters one).

I do have a question about transmission shift linkage on these swaps. Its not in the truck yet, but just something that Ive been thinking about. The truck still has the column shift column, but was converted to 5 speed before I got it.
It appears that the column shifter on our trucks function about the same as the dodge trucks.

Has anyone had any issues using the transfer rod from the GM to the 47RE? or are there better options for this?
c10hevy is offline   Reply With Quote