View Single Post
Old 12-06-2020, 09:01 PM   #1423
Ol Blue K20
Proprietor of Dale's Corner

Re: Junkyard Jimmy Super Low Buck Build Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by hgs_notes View Post
Thanks, it was a hell of a story. And things have continued to go great. Haven't been working on this project much, mainly because of distractions with other projects. Lately I've been working on my new (to me) plow truck. My 76 K10 was falling apart and I found a 78 GMC K35 dually to replace it. It needed work, like every other beater I drag home but it's a pretty solid truck, newly rebuilt motor, runs great. Interior was crap so I refurbed it. And the original Dana 60 had been swapped for a 44 single wheel so it looks wrong. I'm fixing up a 60 now to swap in next summer.

Also this summer I finally got my 79 crewcab running and driving again. The slowest LS swap in history. 5 years! Got the rust repaired on the passenger side of the cab, driver side is next. Should be on the road next summer with a big old camper in the bed!

I'm going to try and get back on this one over the winter. I bought a more powerful welder to handle the suspension work. But I'm finishing up some other things like a little 69 honda CT90, my sons 83 Kawasaki KZ750 LTD and some rust repair on a friends cab.

On a personal note, do you know how you know that you're with the right woman? Spend 8 months working from home and being together every... single... day... and it was the best.
Wow!! I thought you disappeared HG.....Nice to see ya post

Dale
XNGH ECV Sam Brannan 1004

R.I.P. 67ChevyRedneck
R.I.P. Grumpy Old Man
Ol Blue K20 is offline   Reply With Quote