View Single Post
Old 02-19-2018, 12:04 PM   #83
Snake72

Re: Grandpa's 72 restoration

Thanks for the comment, progress and pics will continue but unfortunately slowly. My father in law who was the experienced body man and engine guru helping me with this build passed away unexpectedly in November. It has been very difficult to walk into his shop and work on OUR project truck without him there. Miss him like crazy and it absolutely rips me up that he never saw the truck finished. It certainly lit a fire under my butt to get the truck done though, have boxes of parts sitting in my garage waiting to get installed. I live 2 hours away from the shop and very busy with work and young family but progress will continue. Been trying to find a way to commemorate his work into this truck, possibly engraving his name in the wood bed or something like that. If you guys have any ideas let me know.

On the plus side, should be very close to starting the truck. Need to hook up fuel lines, install tank, radiator/plumbing and wiring. I ended up buying an M&H engine harness and forward lamp harness through GMCPAULS. They were cheaper there than directly from M&H. Modified for HEI ignition and internally regulated alternator. Still need to pick up an HEI yet. Quality of the harness is fantastic
Snake72 is offline   Reply With Quote