Thread: 6/8 drop
View Single Post
Old 01-21-2012, 11:06 AM   #22
Jonboy
Slots go on anything!

Re: 6/8 drop

Quote:
Originally Posted by camshaftgsxr View Post
at that point the x member is 1 inch from the ground, i wouldnt be worried about the bump stops lol

mine is 5.something in the front and its already scraping the headers and control arms on big bumps... i donno how you guys do it.

how do you guys with 6-8 drops turn? doesnt the tire cram into the fender?
Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyBlue View Post
Love the Slots on your truck man, great look.

I don't have any rubbing at all with my 15's or my 18/20 combo. I do scrape my a-arms on nasty roads and some exhaust scrapes from my 40 degree driveway back in WA when running the 15's. Other than that, I have some great Monroe shocks and I learned how to "read the road" at a young age...probably why it feels weird to drive a 4x4 right now and not have to dodge or travel down certain roads.

Thanks. I love them, too. I agree with the "reading the road" as well. You definitely learn to keep your eyes open. We are pretty lucky to have good roads around here for the most part. I have a 70 mile commute, and there are days I drive the truck to work. Haven't had any problems on the highways at all, but you ave to pay attention in teh neighborhoods the most. That's been my experience, anyhow.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoggedBelt75 View Post
I agree with this. I got my experience driving my daughter's then boyfriend's lowered mini truck back in the 80's. After a few really good scrapes you learn what not to do. Some places limit me, but if I can get that just right angle I can go over most obstacles.
x2. Do your rear tires make anything more difficult? It sure looks wicked.