View Single Post
Old 04-13-2014, 11:26 PM   #323
knomadd

Re: Knomadd '71 SWB C-10

I finally got the (temporary) electric fans installed. I've got one fan wired up to a thermostatic switch and both to a manual override switch (each fan on its own relay). Eventually, once I figure out where to install the second temp switch, I'll have both fans wired to thermostatic switches. One at 185 and the second at 195. That might have to wait until I replace the fans with a fan/shroud combo that fits the radiator. As it sits today, I've got about 1" on each side and 1/2" top & bottom of the flex-a-lite dual fans.

I have one of the head ports used for the gauge temp sender and the other head port used for the 1st temp switch. If you look in the pics above, there is an opening in the intake available for the 2nd switch, but it's directly below the upper rad hose. No way I can make that work as-is. Thought about a swivel type thermostat housing and a different upper hose, but not sure yet. Wondering if anyone has one and if they seal okay. I'm worried it might leak. Anyone have any experience with a swivel type water neck?

C/10 Club Texas member
1971 Chevy C10 "Brutus" SWB Fleetside 2016 6.0L (L96) 6L90E (driver/project)
1965 Pontiac GTO "Royal Goat" 400/TH400 w/AC (my baby)
knomadd is offline   Reply With Quote