Thread: Greetings
View Single Post
Old 09-04-2012, 10:11 AM   #9
jaros44sr

Re: Greetings

Very nice starting point, pull up the rubber mat, carefully, and see what is under there. Since it has lost the passenger side door seal, you might have rust in the floor area.

Since you are in the portland are, i would contact wes at classic heartbeats, he uses the resto parts he sells and will give you good info. on the quality of the parts he sells. Plus, it will save you money on shipping. Plus, plus, use our clssified board to buy oem parts, fit is always perfect, and you might save some bucks

Cheapest place to start on the steering slop is the rag joint, as said above, but i think there is an adjustment nut in the steering box. Check the frame, where the box is mounted, they have been known to crack there, should have a frame doubler in that area also

Good luck on your build, and keep us posted on your progress with lots of pics, we luv pics

PS, check all the safety items first, before driving too much, wouldnt want you to get hurt

All parts offered to help are free, unless otherwise noted

Dont try this stuff in my build thread, unless you have 55 years of mechanical OTJ training
SAFETY FIRST

AS usual, off topic

They say your mind goes second, can't remember the first

Jim
jaros44sr is offline   Reply With Quote