View Single Post
Old 02-28-2017, 11:06 AM   #74
James the III

Re: If you like destruction -

Quote:
Originally Posted by BossHogg69 View Post
It already has some tire under it, 345/30/19 on 12" wide wheel. I'm fairly certain that 705#ft will rape any street tire. I have another set of 18x12's that may get a 345 MT drag radial if I ever go to a dragstrip. My 'shift kit' is a full workover by Libery Gears and a RAM 10.5" dual disc clutch I like my hotrods with 3 pedals.

The Edelbrock Marine heads come with a black anodized coating and the only difference in valves are the addition of Inconel exhaust valves, and no valve springs/retainers come on the heads from edelbrock. Other than that they are exactly the same as the Performer RPM/GM ZZ big block heads as far as I know. Of course I could be wrong. I had already made the decision to get the head fixed for use in another project and I'll be replacing all the valves at that time. I had the heads checked out and put on a flowbench before I ran them on the 454, but obviously that didn't matter.
Maybe.. I'd have to call them.
but I'd hope a car set would have 1 piece intake valves.. if not all, the ones for roller cams.
Marine use a 2 piece valve would be no issue.. as it be lumbering along at 3000-4500 rpm.. set rpm.. or less..
Did you check the spring pressure after tear down . seat and open to see if at it's installed height( in head as used)it was within spec for that cam??
I.E. did it float the valve.
James the III is offline   Reply With Quote