View Single Post
Old 04-08-2017, 10:01 AM   #10
randy500
Account Suspended

Re: Thoughts on replacing front/rear windows with new?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 71CHEVYSHORTBED402 View Post
Yep, he cut the rubber until he could remove the window. He made it look easy, though it was a little more difficult because "they're original"....Been sitting a while, I guess.

Anyway, he cut along the outside of stainless trim using a blade on a long stick. No doubt you can find one, probably a tool of the trade. May have done some slicing from the inside as well...... After he cut, I believe he pulled the stainless off the windshield before we pulled the windshield, likely because I'm reusing the trim. He pulled the trim with the rear window, likely because I'm not reusing it. Course that might explain why he bent the bottom piece.........Ha!.......He wasn't happy, but I don't care, it was far from reusable anyway.
Alright that is the way I take them out too. That blade on a stick is a standard carpentry razor blade and the stick is a piece of 3/4" conduit that has been flattened at the end to hold the blade, I watched a guy and asked him about it.

I tried to get a few out with a suction cup and prying back the rubber, eventually they broke. Now I cut out the good ones and kick out the bad ones to save the rubber if it still seems pliable.
randy500 is offline   Reply With Quote